Medical Treatments and Services
Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are injected into the skin to correct facial lines, wrinkles and folds, for lip enhancement and for shaping facial contours.
Botox / Dysport
Botox and Dysport are neuromodulators that are injected into a muscle to cause a temporary reduction in the strength and muscle contraction. This effect may start to occur in 2-5 days with Dysport and 3-5 days with Botox after injection, with full results at 14 days.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
PRP is an injection treatment utilizing your own blood. A small amount of blood is collected and spun in a centrifuge to separate the four main components (plasma, red cells, white cells and platelets). The platelet rich plasma, which contains numerous growth factors, is then extracted and injected into the desired treatment area or areas for skin rejuvenation, hair restoration (thinning hair) and acne scaring improvement.
Book Your Spa Package Getaway!
Give the gift of The Spa on Main today!
The Spa on Main: Medical treatments you can try out
Go take the extra mile in your skincare routine by trying out something different. A great way to do that is to consider medical treatments. Medical treatments for your hair, skin, and face are an additional step to better maintain and enhance the beauty of it. Get ready to venture into a fresher and more glowing look with the Spa on Main by your side.
Apart from Spa on Main’s many services and packages, we also have medical treatments that you can choose from. You can know more about them and how they can benefit you by reading about them below.
Derma fillers are injectables implants that can help smoothen out your skin and wrinkles. These are injected beneath the skin using a needle. Several derma fillers vary in their chemical makeup, longevity, and degrees of softness. These are the following:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite
Calcium hydroxylapatite is a mineral-like compound that is found in human bones. This is often used to enhance the fullness of the cheeks and other facial contours. Also, it can treat moderate to severe creases on the face and frown lines.
Since this is biosynthetically produced, there were no animals harmed during its production. Compared to other derma fillers, this is the one with the lowest risk of allergic reactions and requires no skin testing.
Once you get to try this, it produces a very natural result and rarely has any side effects. This has a long safety record as it has been used in dentistry and reconstructive surgery in the past.
- Hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid injections can help improve the skin’s contour and reduce those hollow parts in the skin which were injured or scarred. These are usually fit for:
- Acne scars
- Cheek depressions
- Crow’s feet (the one that is in the corner of your eyes)
- Deep smile lines
- Frown lines
- Marionette lines
- Redefining the lip border
- Scars that were caused by a burn or a wound
- Smoker’s lines
- Facial scars
- Worry lines in the forehead
This substance is found in the body and high concentrations of it are in the soft connective tissues and fluid that is surrounding your eyes. It is also in some cartilage, joint fluids, and skin tissues in your body. Hyaluronic acid has become popular in the industry and could often be used as a treatment for aching joints.
The polyalkylimide is a derma filler that is semi-permanent and is often applied by plastic surgeons. It has the following advantages:
- It can treat deeper wrinkles.
- It can plump thin lips.
- Not only does it enhance your cheekbones and jawlines but it can replace facial volume that was lost because of ageing.
- Treats facial wasting that is from HIV medications.
This filler is biocompatible so there little to none reaction to the human tissue and doesn’t need an allergy test.
- Polylactic acid
A synthetic dermal filler that once injected into your face can cause your body to produce collagen is polylactic acid. This is also known as a stimulator. A non-toxic and biodegradable substance that has been for more than 40 years as a suture material.
Usually, it is for the lower half of the face which fills the lines that are caused by laughing, plump thin lips and treat deep nasolabial folds. Unlike the other fillers, this does not result in immediate results but gradually shows progress over time.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA)
The polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres or PMMA is a semi-permanent filler. This can treat medium-to-deep wrinkles, folds and furrows. Also, it can be used to fill out pitted scars and enhance thin lips.
Benefits of derma fillers
Here in the Spa on Main, you do not only experience the best spa services but can also have a derma filler which is a cost-effective method of facial rejuvenation. These are the benefits that you can from it:
- There are immediate and visible results. You won’t have to wait long for it to manifest into your appearance and give you that glowing look.
- You won’t have to worry about a recovery period because there is no surgery involved. Also, it doesn’t take a long time for the procedure to be done.
- Slight swelling might be seen after the injections but it usually fades away after a few days when the gel settles under your skin.
- There are minimal risks in having dermal fillers and hardly any complications would happen.
- The treatment has long-lasting results.
- If you are still starting in trying out medical treatments like derma fillers, you can even opt to choose whether you want it for a short term or long duration.
- Having dermal fillers can boost your confidence because your appearance has that subtle change yet its effect on your esteem would be apparent.
Compared to dermal fillers which fill in or plump areas in the face that have lost volume and smoothens some facial contours, Botox freezes muscles in order to stop creases and wrinkles caused by facial expressions.
It is usually for the upper part of the face such as the forehead and the area around your eyes. A botox was patented from a purified botulinum toxin which was used for many medical purposes.
Advantages of using botox
Botox injections can block signals from the nerves to the muscles which result in wrinkles relaxing and softening. Botox is not only for reducing wrinkles on your face but it can also help in:
- It can treat severe underarm sweating.
- In connection with the former point about underarm sweating, it can help stop the other excessive sweating around the body.
- If you have cervical dystonia which is a neurological disorder that causes severe neck and shoulder muscle spasms then a botox can help alleviate it.
- It can even treat cases when you have blepharospasm which is blinking that you can’t control. Also, it can help those who squint or twitch their eyes a lot.
- For those who have strabismus which is eyes that point in different directions, a shot of botox can remedy it.
- It can ease the pain of chronic migraine.
- It can help those who have an overactive bladder.
- This is a treatment for bell’s palsy which is a temporary weakness or paralysis in the muscles on the face.
Dysport has a similar feature to Botox. It is a natural-looking and long-lasting prescription injection that can help smoothen the frown lines between the eyebrows. Moreover, Botox and Dysport are both types of botulinum toxin injections.
Their underlying difference is their potency in trace proteins and would vary on the client on which is more effective for them. Here are the other benefits to Dysport in comparison to Botox:
- This has faster and longer-lasting results.
- There is less tolerance buildup.
- The result has a softer appearance.
Additionally, these are the other similar conditions that a Dysport injection can treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead wrinkles
- Platysmal (neck) bands
- Hyperhidrosis (sweating)
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections are a form of regenerative medicine that can strengthen the tissues in the body to heal itself.
This is a kind of therapy that injects the concentration of the client’s Onplatelets to increase the healing of any injured tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints. Plasma is the liquid portion of our blood while the platelets are also thrombocytes.
Why you should try the PRP
If you have been experiencing any muscle strain or other related soreness in the body then a PRP or platelet-rich plasma injection can help you. Additionally, it can treat those who are feeling any of these problems in your body:
- Torn tendons
- Muscle injuries
- Arthritis-related pain
- Joint injuries
PRP can also be used for cosmetic procedures such as:
- This can combat hair loss or androgenic alopecia which is baldness that affects both men and women.
- It can transform the look of your skin to show off its natural beauty.
- PRP can help the body create new elastin and collagen which results in minimizing your wrinkles, acne scars, lines, stretch marks and other types of scars you might have.
- This can give you better skin texture and tone.
There are no adverse effects to trying out the PRP because there are hardly any allergic reactions or pain that is felt during the procedure.
Experience great medical treatment in the Spa on Main
Here in the Spa on Main, you can discover a lot of services such as facials, massages, and medical treatments. We can give you a great spa experience so you can relax and refresh yourself. With our team of experts, you are handled with care and close attention is given to suit your needs. You can check our website for more information about us.